WaterWise Garden Recognition Contest
Do you have a beautiful, water wise garden?
The 2022 WaterWise Garden Recognition Contest celebrates and recognizes beautiful, water efficient residential gardens throughout Santa Barbara County. These gardens serve as an example of what is possible when we design our landscapes to better use our most precious natural resource, water.
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2022
Who can enter to win?
An award will be given to a residential property in each water provider's service area. Each participating water provider will determine its own winner using the judging criteria. Each water provider will then submit its regional winner to compete for the County-wide Grand Prize. Participating water providers include Carpinteria Valley Water District, Montecito Water District, City of Santa Barbara, City of Buellton, City of Solvang, and Vandenberg Village Community Services District.
- Participants must be residential customers of a participating water provider in Santa Barbara County.
- Previous participants are eligible to enter the contest again unless they were a contest winner.
contest is for front yards only.
- The contest is open to homeowners and renters.
must submit digital photos of their existing landscape.
- Each water provider will have its own winner. Winning landscapes for each water provider will compete for the County-wide grand prize.
- Each winning property will be given a decorative engraved boulder to display prominently in the front yard.
aspects of your landscape will be evaluated. See the judging criteria for details.
Steps to apply:
1. Complete Online Application and File Upload with 3-6 photos of your front yard by April 30, 2022
2. Winning entries will be notified in June 2022.
Questions about the contest can be directed to the Santa Barbara County Water Agency at 805-568-3440, or email.